Monday, May 6, 2013

Myla Update


After 5 relapses since November, and non-stop steroids, we decided to try a new medicine today for Myla. This was a really hard choice for us.  We thought about it for four months to pull the trigger.  The medicine is called Cyclosporine.  It is a very common drug used for Nephrotic Syndrome but not a favorite one because of the side effects.  The two biggest side effects are facial hair growth and gum overgrowth that could grow so much that it covers the teeth.  So with heavy hearts, Myla will start it tomorrow.  

Myla spent most of today really upset.  She kept saying she does not want to look like a monster.  I feel so bad for my little girl.  Days like today I am so grateful that we home school.  Can you imagine how mean kids would be to her at public school?  

4 comments:

Katie said...

She has really been in myprayers....I hope that this medicine works, but also that its side effects are very minimal. Sweet, sweet Myla. We love you so!

Nikki said...

I miss you all SO MUCH and wish I were there to hug my My! We will pray that these two side effects are not ones that will affect Myla AND that it will finally help her back to health!. I'm so sorry you had to make such a hard choice.

Ruth M said...

I just need you to know, and this probably isn't the place to post it, but if the time comes, and mine is acceptable, one of my kidneys has Myla's name on it. In the meantime, we will pray for her, and you all.

Homemade Addictions said...

Thank you Katie and Nikki!

Ruth, you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...