Sunday, September 25, 2011

Success in Life

Success in Life.... Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?  That the only way you feel successful is if you do EVERYTHING?

Here is my SHORT list.

House clean (not just straightened but really clean)
Sheets clean and beds made
Every cabinet/closet clean and organized
Homeschool done
Dishes done and dishwasher empty
Laundry clean, folded and put away
Yard mowed, weeded, and looking nice
Kids clean, dressed nice, hair done
Mom showered, make-up done, hair done
Play with kids
Read lots of books to kids
All three meals made fresh and healthy
Dad and kids happy

So this is my short list. I won't even start of religious goals, mom goals,crafts, or journal goals.

Does anyone else feel that if everything is not done and perfect each day they are not succeeding for that day?

Let me just say it is hard to live up to my own standards and most days I fail.

I would love if you would share your best ideas on house cleaning or organizing.  I think it would be great to put the best ideas from all my friends into action.  I bet together would make a great stay at home mom/wife.

2 comments:

Ruth M said...

Personally, I like this.
http://aiminglow.com/2011/09/ways-tell-if-aiming-low-enough/

The list of things I "have to do" every day to feel good about myself gets shorter and shorter all the time. And that's really okay. I'm sure there will come a time when the list can lengthen again, but right now, my kids (and I) need a lot of time that can't be documented on a to do list.

Nikki said...

Go online and listen to Elder Uchdorf's (sp?) talk at the RS General Conference on Saturday. You won't regret it!! He spoke last. I almost left because I was so tired but my life would have been less if I hadn't heard his talk!! You will LOVE it and it's put things into perspective a bit (and yes, I feel the same way about everything I want to achieve every day but you know, some things just gotta give...usually it's me...so now worries, I'm covering the 'frump mom' look for all of us :)!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...