Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting ready for school!

School is right around the corner.... homeschool that is.  Can I just say how excited I am!!!  Since December, Myla and I have been working on Kindergarten and some of 1st grade.  This new school year, we will be focusing on 1st grade curriculum, sign language, Spanish, and music theory/reading music.

My goal this year is to do as much hands on learn as possible.  I have found some great file folder games, centers, and learning games to make learning fun!  We will still use some textbooks and work sheets but I don't want to have my kids work only out of workbooks and completely independently.  I think independent learn is important but I also think there is so much learning done together.


I took a risk and bought a really cheap laminator at Target ($26.00) and LOVE it.  I can't believe how well it works at that price.  I have been a laminating machine this past week.  I went through a box of 50 laminating pockets in two days.  That way all the hard work I put into Myla's school work can be passed to Sariah next year.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Thank you for inspiring me! Can't wait to fire up the good ol' laminator!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...