Sunday, May 29, 2011

Living off the grid with only 2 acres

I can not explain how much I love the idea of this.  I know I sound crazy (really, whats new) but I would LOVE to live off the grid.  I would love to buy a house on a piece of land, only depend on my land and some hard work to provide for our needs.  Just fresh produce, eating food within its season and peace..... and quiet. 

In my dream world (since I am dreaming) I would like more than two acres.  I would love a piece of land that I can not see or hear my neighbors.  Ahhhhhhh

4 comments:

epicaudioarts said...

That is awesome. But really, if your dreaming...why stop there. Add a windmill to grind the flour and produce electricity, maybe some hydropower from a seasonal stream or river (that can also be prospected for gold), a greenhouse to grow a greater variety of herbs and veggies. And a solar oven for drying and cooking... Sounds great. Now to go back to my MLS search for two acres!!!

Wilkins Clan said...

I actually have thought of a few if those things. I agree this map is just a starting off point. It would be so great!

Katie said...

I was thinking of this exact map this last week and then had the thought...... when people lived like this their husbands didn't go off to work everyday....the farm was their work! *sigh* We should have been born 150 years ago. =)

cambridgeclan said...

I don't know Katie, I like my flushing toilets! It would be a lot of work, but feel so free in many ways. I think I would ditch the wheat and get it through the church and use the land for other stuff. Someday...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...