Friday, April 22, 2011

Fresh herbs

I use to get so bummed that during the winter I would buy fresh cilantro or basil and it would go bad before I had a chance to use it all.  Then I found a way to keep it fresh for even longer so I thought I would share.

Take a bunch of cilantro or any fresh herb and cut the bottom of the stems under running water.  Then fill a glass with fresh water or I like to use a jar.  Put the herb in the jar like you would flowers and here is the key, cover it with the produce bag it came in.  This will keep it from drying out.

I than trim it right off the plant as needed. 
It stays crisp and fresh just like the day you purchased it. 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

OH! Good to know about the bag. I've been doing the water in a jar like you suggested but I still wasn't going through the herbs fast enough! Good idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...