Friday, April 22, 2011

Eating Raw

I have always been interested in raw eating mostly because the way I feel when I it raw.  I do eat some raw but have always been lost on recipes and ideas until now....

My friend gave me this set of DVD's on raw cooking and eating called Chef Teton's Essential Cuisine. .  Love them! It is a set of six DVD's covering;

Raw food basics & entrees
Raw desserts & salads
Oils
Cultured foods

Today's lunch was a hearty salad.  One of my favorite lunches!
When I make a salad I don't just do lettuce and tomatoes.  No way, check this one out.

Spinach, sprouts, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, raw pumpkin seeds, cracked pepper, and olive oil.   I think fresh basil would have been a great addition.  So yummy and I had so much energy all day!

Food effects my mood and energy levels so much.  I try to eat mostly things that come from the earth in their natural state.  When life gets busy I sometimes don't eat as clean as I should and I can really feel the deference.  I'm sure most people would not be willing to do 100% raw but even trying to do some meals raw or even adding more fruits and veggies to your diet would help.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I whole-heartedly agree. That salad looks delicious and I can feel the good energy from here! It's really a simple concept- word of wisdom, fresh fruits and veggies, eaten in their season, everything in moderation and with thanksgiving. It's hard to fight the hunger of the "natural man" sometimes, especially on those busy days, but I'm with you; food affects my mood, energy, and even spirituality so much. I'm going to have to try that salad.

cambridgeclan said...

My sister eats raw and has for about 5 years. Her website is linked on my blog if you want to check it out. It's Sarah's essentials.

Nikki said...

Wow! That salad looks amazing! Can I borrow those DVD's next so I can start menu planning?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...