For the first time in a LONG time I cooked meat, crazy I know. I can count on one hand how many times in the past three or four years. Tonight's dinner, Brown Sugar Meatloaf. Is that meaty enough?
Sweet and savory. Big hit in the house. Recipe after the jump.
Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup (the real stuff, no HFC)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (5x9 inch loaf pan)
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.