Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Why I can't stop reading Mormon housewife blogs"

I was reading this article here and tell me if you got the same message as I did.

Its titled, "Why I can't stop reading Mormon housewife blogs". The author is a young, feminist atheist who is addicted to Mormon blogs.

In the article she is questioning why she likes to read these blogs so much. She even dares to say they are "uplifting".

The whole time I was reading this article it was so clear to me why she was so drawn to them. She could feel the truth, feel the Spirit in these women. What life could be like with the Spirit.

I'm not saying that my life is perfect or easy at that but what I am saying is that my trials would be so much harder not knowing the truth. Harder if I did not have my Heavenly Father to turn to when times get hard.

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I read this also. I shared it on FB. I don't read any of the blogs they mention. But in just the way she talks about them - I feel as though I know exactly what she is talking about. I hate the stereotypes though. Maybe for the blogs she reads they are all the same. But we are smart - we don't just make cupcakes, and we can be a feminist and still believe. But like you. I think she is missing some of the big picture in her life. And for us it is SO clear. Yes parenting can be hard but all those people who are terrified to have kids because of all their one hundred and one reasons not to - Have no idea how much fun it is and how very rewarding it is. I read almost every lame comment that went along with that article. Don't do it, if you haven't already. I am always surprised with the different things people come up with about us(Mormons). One even went as far as to say that the blogs were probably fake - paid by the church - HA! Sorry, I'm just ranting and rambling xo

Wilkins Clan said...

Well said Amy. No I did not read the comments. I had a feeling there was nothing good in them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...