Sunday, January 16, 2011

See you in three years!

As most of you know Kirk just finished his Masters and will walk with his class in March. It was a life long goal for himself and we are so proud of all that he accomplished.

I have always wanted to go back to school. It was always an agreement that once he finished his Masters I would go back to school.

Growing up I always wanted to be a doctor. I even use to watch the surgery channel for fun! I gave up that idea because being a mom was more important. I knew that doctors worked a lot of hours and I would never see my kids.

With that said, my sister is such an inspiration to me. She is just about finished with her pre-requisites for nursing school. The more I talked to her about the classes she was taking and her plans the more I thought why can't I do that? It will take me probably around five years to do all the schooling I want and still be a mom and wife but it would be such a great example to my kids.

I think the perfect nursing job for me would be one day a week in the labor and delivery department.

So I started looking into what classes, what I needed to take and what my plan would be. Then Kirk came home and said he just enrolled in school again and it would take about three or four years to complete.

Kirk is going back to get his CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)

What is CFA?
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is an international professional certification offered by the CFA Institute to financial analysts who complete a series of three examinations. To become a CFA Charterholder candidates must pass each of three six-hour exams, possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (or have equivalent education or work experience) and [1] have 48 months of qualified, professional work experience. CFA charterholders are also obligated to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards governing their professional conduct.

Or as Kirk calls it, the big boys club for finance.

I am very grateful for Kirk's desire to provide for our family. This program is really really hard and it has about a 30% passing rate. I know he will do well. We many never see him but after this he will hopefully be able to apply for the top jobs. Also by the time he is finished Paige and Dillon will be out of the house so we can move to the big finance areas.

I am still planning on going back to school. I will probably only take on one or two classes a semester but I feel very strong about continuing school.

See you in three years Kirk!

(Maybe he will be so busy he won't notice if we had another baby or two) Heee heee

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you. That's awesome. I always wanted to be a doctor too but had the same feelings as you. Maybe someday after our kids are raised we'll be the doctors we want to be. Good luck and good luck to Kirk.

Nikki said...

#1) You are no allowed to move. PERIOD. (Okay, unless it's close by on some land)
#2) You can have another baby as long as you are not in your first trimester the same time as me...the world would come to an end
#3) You would make an EXCELLENT labor and delivery nurse.
#4) Kirk...3 more years of "school"...you're nuts but I think you'll do really well!!

Lisa said...

I think school would be awesome for you Tiffany. I remember when I was going to school and raising my kids. There were times when I thought it wasn't worth it; that I should set it aside until my kids were grown. But then people would remind me of what an example I was being to my kids, and it gave me the strength to keep going.

On that note, I definitely think it would be wise of you to wait until Kirk completely finishes. The kids need at least one non-busy parent. This time is so fleeting, and you will be glad you waited. My plan is to go back to school in five years, when all of my kids are school-aged. Balancing an education with home life is very difficult.

(But for the record, I've totally got your back on that "couple more babies" thing. Might as well!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...