Monday, October 4, 2010

My therapy part 1

With life so crazy, crafting is my therapy!


I always have a running list of crafts that I would like to make. This tag blanket has been on my list for a few years and I finally sat down to make it this past week. This was super easy and is one of Capri's favorite toys. I will do a tutorial soon on how easy it is to make.


I did this blanket a little different. Of course I did tags all around it with different ribbon for texture and then I also added snaps to four ribbons so I could attach toys. I like the snap idea so I can change out the toys as Capri gets bored with the current ones. I also added a pocket for a small board book or toy. I made this blanket small enough it can go in the car with us or in my diaper bag.



Then I made some baby sandals. The pictures do not do these justice. They are way cute. Since they were my first pair there are some things I would do differently but I still love them.


Its hard to tell but there is a cut out for the toes and a strap on the heel.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I think those blankets are a great idea and would love to learn how to make one. Very cute.

I'm sure this outlet is doing you much good at a time when you really need it.

Nikki said...

OH MY GOSH THOSE ARE AMAZING!! I HAVE to come over to learn to sew, even a square will make me happy at this point. I love the blanket and I fully give you permission to make a froo-froo pinky girlie one if I ever have a girl...and the shoes...to die for! Good work lady! I love it all.

Katie said...

oh my cuteness.

Are you sewing in th car while driving? cuz when do you have the time??? =P

Lisa said...

Okay Nikki, just don't break any needles, okay? ; )

In a nut shell... said...

I really want to make this blanket for my pregnant sister! Do you bring it to church? I'd love to see it in person...

Wilkins Clan said...

I can bring it for you to check out also I will be doing a tutorial maybe this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...