Thursday, October 28, 2010

20 Minute dessert



For every birthday growing up my mom would make us our favorite homemade ice cream. She would pull out the wood barrel ice cream maker, fill it full of ice and rock salt and for hours (it seemed) we would hear that thing running. The ice cream was amazing!! I have since tried to pass that tradition down to my kids but it just seems like so much work.

Not any more!! For my birthday my mom bought me a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. Let me just tell you I am totally in love. It takes 20 minutes to whip up a batch of ice cream and you can either eat it then and have it be more a soft serve or freeze it for a few hours and it is more like store bought.

It makes the perfect size for our family and there is normally not a ton of left overs that will be calling me name for days.


Any ideas what color store bought vanilla ice cream is??? Yellow. Any ideas what color homemade vanilla ice cream is? White. Also I can read the names of everything I put into my mine. Just something to think about.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mmm, I want some right NOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...