Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog slacking

So I have been such a blog slacker. I have just been way to busy having fun to blog so I thought I would catch up on the past few weeks.

First the girls and I went on a girl trip to Oregon coast with another friend. It was so much fun to have a girls trip and have now decided that will need to be a yearly trip (or more if I can get away with it).


I think the highlight of the trip was crabbing and the Tillamook cheese factory. One of the days we went crabbing there were three other groups out crabbing. We must of had beginners luck because we were the only ones to walk away with crab from dinner. Let me just say that crab was amazing!!

We were only home for four days before we went off camping with a few other families up in Nevada City.

We stayed at a beautiful 40 acre property that some people in my church own. Kirk and Dillon spent all their time shooting, fishing and riding quads. The four girls and I spent our time enjoying their man made pool and huge water slide. It was so peaceful and we can wait to go back soon!

We have also since received the results on Myla's biopsy. She still has Minimal Change Disease Nephrotic Syndrome. What that means is that she will continue to struggle with kidney problems but it has not changed into an Nephrotic Syndrome that could lead to a transplant as of yet. She may go in for another biopsy in a year or so if things continue the way they are but time will tell. Today she started a new drug called Prograf. Prograf is used in transplant patients and they have found it sometimes helps people with kidney disease. Along with a compromised immune system it can cause kidney damage so she will have to have routine blood test to insure her kidneys are not being damaged.

I forget that Myla is growing up, that she is listening to what I say when I am on the phone. Well Myla heard what I was saying the other day about blood test and so she asked me this morning about it. I never know what the right answer is. Do I tell her everything or just explain that they will draw her blood on the way to the doctor's office. Well today I told her about the new medicine and that they will need to check her blood to make sure her kidneys are ok. Well that did not go over well. I spent the morning with a crying child begging me not to give her the new medicine. So I guess next time I will not explain as much. Live and learn.

I have also learned that I need more me time. So a friend talked me into doing a craft fair in November. I am so excited to have an excuse to bring out all my crafty stuff. Sorry Kirk we may not see the dining table for a few months but it will be fun!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I looooove the Tillamook Cheese Factory! Their cheese curd is my absolute favorite.

I am so glad that you are taking time to do something you enjoy. It will pay dividends to the entire family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...