Thursday, July 22, 2010

Making do with what you have.

For years now I dream of having land. Where I can live off the land and live a simpler life full of God's creations and not get lost in "the world". Kirk laughs because I always say when we get land.... He keeps telling me to think about the future but not at the expense of the moment.

I can't help that I am just one of the those people that LOVE animals and I love being in nature. A perfect day would waking up making my family breakfast from scratch and then going outside with the kids, milking the cows, collecting eggs and the feeding the goats.

Here is a family that had the same dream as me and are doing it yet they have 1/10 of an acre. They have found a way to live completely off the land with what they have. Amazing!


Their back yard is beautiful! We would have to remove some trees to make this happen but would that not be wonderful? I could fill up my front yard with fruit trees..... Or do I just wait a few years until we have land? I have never been good with patience.




4 comments:

Lisa said...

I say that if you are feeling so inclined, do it now! You are already off to a good start. Kirk is right about living in the moment...

I didn't watch the video, but that backyard is impressive. Pretty soon I'll be shopping at Tiffany's Market instead of the Farmer's Market.

Katie said...

crazy! They seriously utilized every square inch. My sister used to live in Pasadena. I wish I would have known about this place, I would have knocked on the door and asked for a tour.... =)

If anyone ELSE can do it Tiffany, YOU CAN!

cambridgeclan said...

That looks really cool. The next thing I want to grow is greens.

Nikki said...

Totally awesome. I wonder how the neighbors felt about it. Just tell Kirk he can have the shotgun out to protect his crop from neighbor kids (J/K!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...