Tuesday, July 13, 2010

loving the garden

One of my favorite parts of summer is the garden. Each morning I go out and collect eggs, harvest that days fruit and veggies, and then water the garden. I love it! I feel so at peace being out there. The color and smell of all the plants, watching them grow bigger each day and my favorite the smell of water falling over the soil. It is almost like the smell of a fresh rain.

The strawberries are going crazy. We get a bowl full everyday and we still can not get enough of their amazing taste. I am also collecting blueberries, raspberries, zucchini, yellow squash, and swish chard. There are so many veggies that are right around the corner from being ready. I planted 50 stalks of corn and I am hoping to get a lot of corn here soon. I can't wait until we have land so I can really spread out and hopefully provide everything we need from our own home.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...