Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nursing

I found this blog of a photographer that wanted to capture the "beauty and normalcy of breastfeeding". Check out her blog here. She photographs everyday mothers doing what they do best. Feeding their babies. She wants to bring awareness to breastfeeding, and help inspire more women to breastfeed their children.

I think one of the greatest gifts we have as mothers is to breastfeed our babies. Nursing helps me slow down and take that precious time with each one of my babies. I nursed Myla until she was 15 months and then she self weaned. I nursed Sariah until she was 18 months and then I weaned her because I was a few months pregnant with Capri and was having bleeding problems. Moments spent nursing my babies is some of the sweetest moments I have as a mommy. Children grow way to fast and I am grateful for the time I have to hold them, stroke their hair and bond with them. I will be so sad when that season in life is over. I will enjoy every moment I have....


Look at his sweet little hand.



"I wouldn't trade this time for anything. It is precious and provides sweet moments of joy. I will treasure these quiet memories all my life, for they are when I truly feel like a mother." ~Amy, mama to 2 month old Maxwell





"Because of insufficient support in the hospital where I delivered, breastfeeding took all the dedication I could muster for the first four months. But even during that painful time, my most sacred moments with my daughter, the moments when I felt the most intense love and greatest responsibility for her soul, took place while she was wrapped around me, one hand lovingly poised on my back, the other curled around my finger, eyes rolled back, and those blessed swallows the only noise in the room. Since then, breastfeeding has offered her not only nourishment and protection but both of us comfort and connection. It is a relationship I’ll always cherish." ~Rachel, mama to 2 year old Zoe

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I once had a woman tell me that if you could bottle breast milk and sell it, you would make a small fortune. It's like liquid gold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...