Tuesday, May 4, 2010

knowledge is power??

They say knowledge is power but sometimes it just drives me crazy!

- Going out to get a quick bite to eat does not work for me anymore. I can't just go through a normal drive through. I know way to much about what is in the food or drink. I have to drive way out of my way, spend way to much money on a "better" choice and then just to think to much about what that food is missing or not missing for that matter.

- Meat, yeah I will not go there but let me just say all the old enjoyment gone.

- Buying fruits and veggies from the grocery store. Worrying about where it comes from, how far it was shipped, was it picked before it was ripe, what was sprayed on it?

- Feeling guilty for sharing a lemonade at Costco today with my girls. First that I was drinking it and the second what was I thinking to give this to my daughters. Especially when I see it says sugar free. Most people would see that and think oh good less calories or good no sugar for my kids. Yeah I start thinking about all the fake sugar that is in there that is even worse than real sugar. But I can't get the sprite because it has HFCS in it. So which is worse? Fake sugar or HFCS.

Really I could go on and on. I am realized that the more I learn about food the more crazy I get. I know the saying everything within moderation but I am a all or nothing kind of person. Sometimes I just wish there was a off switch and I could enjoy the ice cream sandwich my husband brought home the other night without over thinking it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I have found myself on more than one occasion becoming so wrapped up in food, dieting, exercise, even cleaning, to the point where it becomes an obsession. Once I find that the stress of it becomes greater than the benefit, I know it's time to back off. It is good to increase our testimonies of these things but I don't believe our joy in them will be full until after this life.

Nikki said...

I'm there with you....really. I feel guilty for eating out anymore and can't just grab the kids a bite to eat...have to pack it all with me. My family thinks I'm a total OCD freak (okay, they're probably right but still) but you know what...we really are trying to keep ourselves and children healthy and the corruption in the food industry is quite possibly another one of satan's tools. If you eat poorly, your health is poor, if your health is poor you feel bad about yourself and if you feel bad about yourself you tend to make bad choices...you see what I'm saying here. So, I guess it's good we have the knowledge even if it is an inconvenience sometimes! Good thinking, I liked this post.

cambridgeclan said...

I feel your pain. I've had to relax a little to save my sanity, but I don't like to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...