Saturday, April 3, 2010

Does brown rice take too long to cook????


As with other moms with small kids, sometimes the day gets away from me and next thing I know it is 4:30 and I have no plan for dinner. I have cheated in the past and just used white rice since it was so much fast than brown rice. Well here is a great tip if you love brown rice like I do but just run out of time. Cook large batches of brown rice, place in ziploc bags and freeze. Brown rice freezes really well! That way you just pull out of the freezer, warm up and there you go brown rice. Enjoy!
As a side note- You can save the ziploc bags and use them again and again. Just wash them out and put them aside for the next time you make brown rice.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great idea. Brown rice is a staple in our house, and I make it at least 3-4 times a week. I think I'll try this.

Katie said...

Oooh, super smart. I LOVE my jasmine rice, but really would cook brown rice more often and use jasmine as my treat now and then if it didn't take so LONG TO COOK. *viola* problem solved. I'm going to make brown rice tomorrow. =)

Thanks for the tip

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...