Monday, February 22, 2010

Moms have to be strong!

I have really be struggling lately and I realize that moms don't get the chance to be sad. Maybe that is a good thing. So we don't focus on sad things like brushing Myla's hair today and seeing clumps of hair coming out. Or being so scared of the thought of a new baby coming and not knowing how sick Myla will be. How will I take care of a new born, a sick child, three other children and the house is beyond me. I believe that things will work out ok. That Myla will one day grow out of this, that my house will live through not being clean, and everything else that happens in between we will make it through. But I am still scared. I am still sad and it still makes me cry.

Today this mommy is not so strong.

OK really I know that there are people that have it a lot worse than me and I am grateful that things are not worse. Sometimes it just helps to get my feelings out. So sorry for the complaining.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You are NOT complaining. Your feelings are legitimate. We're always told we will not be given more than we can handle. I have found that just as I get to the point where I feel like one more thing and I won't be able to handle it all anymore...that's when things lighten up. You'll have reprieve and hopefully it will be sooner than later. I'm sorry you're sad :(

Lisa said...

Tiffany, don't apologize. You are in my thoughts all the time. You will pull through this, and you will be stronger because of it. Moms do have the right to be sad, and it's okay to cry. Crying can be very therapeutic, and it keeps your feelings from coming out in other, potentially harmful, ways. Trust me, I have locked myself in the bathroom for a good cry many a times! Heavenly Father knows of the trials you are going through, and he doesn't expect you to be super human (although sometimes I wonder if you're not!) And please, don't hesitate to ask for help when the baby comes.

Katie said...

I love your family and wish that LIFE and SCHEDULES were such that we could hang out more often. I enjoyed visiting with you on Saturday and would love to catch up again soon! It seems our paths don't cross as much as they used to.

Your family, and little Myla are in my prayers often.

We are told we're never given more than we can handle WHEN WE RELY ON THE LORD and put our trust in Him. He will help you through this and then you will be even MORE invincible.

Call me anytime. We'd love to come over or have you over for whatever kind of respite you need!

jimnkate said...

Sometimes you have to cry! You can call me anytime, I'll cry with you. :) I'm glad that you are letting your feelings out, I only wish I read your blog more often! :)

And, its definitely okay to be sad. It is a normal human feeling and it teaches us compassion and helps us through it when words just fail us.

Here's a HUGE <<< H U G >>>!

Love ya,

Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...