Thursday, February 4, 2010

just like a squirrel


Have you ever noticed Latter Day Saints are just like squirrels? We love to gather food and store food.


Today was very busy! 60 lbs of apples made into applesauce and then canned. 20 lbs of apples left to be dehydrated tomorrow. A few hundred pounds of food canned at the cannery. Where do we store all this food? Where else then under beds, closets and anywhere else we can hide it since it can not go in the garage (the heat kills the storage life of food).


It makes me think of that church movie where food storage was everywhere and all the furniture was food storage with a blanket over it. So fun. Perfect cure for the nesting stage.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yeah, my moms says to me yesterday, "you know, part of the problem is you have this food crap taking up your closet space." We Mormons do hoard a bit now don't we. Glad I'll be feeding my children in the next disaster or lay off or apocalypse for that matter. Ha ha.

Lisa said...

What a pretty little nest egg you're sitting on!

Katie said...

Holy Moly girl..... I made 5 jars of apple pie filling and that was enough for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...