Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The good and bad

Being pregnant is so hard for me. I love the idea of creating new life and right now is my favorite part. I love when they first start kicking but right now when she sticks her little foot out and I can feel the little shape. Or really any of her little body parts. It is totally incredible! Even though this is my third baby I still can not believe when they are born that they were really in my belly for nine months. Even now I look at Myla and Sariah and can not believe they came from me.

This gift that we as women have been given is amazing and I would never trade it for anything. It really is so amazing.

On the other side my poor girls have a very very grumpy mom. I remember being grumpy with Myla when I was pregnant with Sariah but I do not remember it this early. I was sick for 12 weeks and could not do anything for my girls and now I have 12 weeks left to go and I am totally grumpy. That is a total of six months that my girls have not had a fun mom not to mention the first three months of having a new baby and no sleep. I just pray that my girls will walk away not remembering any of the bad!

5 comments:

Ruth M said...

They will be fine--and if not, they'll be in good company with my girls!

When can we come see you?

Wilkins Clan said...

I forgot you posted about being a grumpy mom also when you were preggy. I'm glad my kids are not alone. Anyway we would LOVE to have you over anytime! Either Friday of this week or just about any day next week.

Ruth M said...

Friday would work for us. What time and what can we bring?

Nikki said...

They'll forget. Children are so forgiving but once the baby arrives, the pats 9 months will be obsolete and once you are back to "yourself" after the first few months of having a newbie they'll remember good ol' mom again. Don't beat yourself up too much. 3rd trimester is hard! Hang in there.

Lisa said...

Tiffany, be patient with yourself. There are so many factors at play right now- hormones, lack of sleep, physical change, not to mention the demands of raising the two busy little girls you already have. I promise, this will pass so quickly and you (and they) will probably remember very little of it. In the mean time, reward yourself for the good that you are doing. You are creating life! How awesome is that. God knows what your trials are right now and will sustain you through them. And, like we said on the phone the other day, sometimes all that is needed is a good night's sleep. It is amazing what a toll lack of sleep can take on us, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. That is what I most dread about the postpartum period is knowing that I will not be in control of that factor. Nonetheless, it is so fleeting and we have to reward ourselves for the good we do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...