Monday, January 11, 2010

Today's breakfast

I made these waffles last week and LOVED them and so I made them again this morning. Thought I would share the recipe. Also with the size of my family real maple syrup is just to much money and all the other syrups have HFC in them so I always to homemade. It only takes a few minutes and you can make big batches, it stores really well.


Ingredients
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour

1 3/4 cups milk or I did 1 cup buttermilk and 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil or for a healthier choice applesauce
1 tablespoon organic sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.


Yummy!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

mmmmmmmm, those look delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...