Thursday, January 28, 2010

No guilt fudge aka raw fudge

Amazing fudge treat without the guilt. I found this recipe on of course my favorite blog progressivepioneer.com and I just had to try it. I am trying to eat more raw foods in my diets so this fits right in. Kirk LOVED it and all the flavors it had.

1 1/2 C. coconut oil (if it's cold, soften it up a bit to make blending easier)
3/4 C. agave or maple syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 C. almonds (ground into flour; if you use a blender, be careful not to over blend or you'll get almond butter! Sometimes I grind it lightly so there are still small almond chunks in the fudge)
1 C. raw cacao powder (you can find this and the agave at Whole Foods or similar stores or online at places like Azure Standard)

Mix it all up on high speed (I use the whisk in my KitchenAid). Pour it into a glass dish of some sort and let it chill in the fridge. It will set up and be hard, like fudge, but will soften if left at room temperature. It's the coconut oil that makes it solid.
In this picture it is not totally set up but we just could not wait to give it a try. Yummy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Tiffany, did you really have to tempt me with fudge after the holidays?! Looks yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...