Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Favorite Turkey tradition


A few years back I found a recipe similar to this one and I changed it to work for me. SOOOOOOOOO yummy! I made it for my family a few years back and now it is the only turkey they will let me make. Thought I would share.


Pressed Herbs and Spices Turkey


This will work for up to a 15 lbs turkey. I'm making a 21 lbs turkey so I will be doubling it.

3 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick) 3 palm fulls
1 tablespoon ground cumin, a palm full
1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a palm full
1 tablespoon coriander, a palm full
4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, 8 sprigs, stripped off stems
Cilantro leaves, 2 handfuls or 1/2 cup basil leaves
1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, 4 handfuls
1 cup shelled natural pistachios
Extra-virgin olive oil, for generous drizzling


Directions
Preheat oven to according to turkey directions

Mix grill seasoning, cumin, paprika and coriander together. Place the thyme, cilantro or basil, parsley and pistachios in the food processor and process into a paste. Remove bowl from processor and remove blade from bowl. Have a rubber spatula on hand. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil generously over the turkey to coat the skin. Loosen skin of turkey with a small sharp knife. Use your hands to move the paste around under the skin to evenly distribute the mixture. Coat the extra-virgin olive oil coated skin with the spice mixture.

This is worth a try, you will not be disappointed!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...