Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A new project

I have really felt so lost for the past few months. With Myla getting sick and then getting pregnant and being sick for 2 months and counting (yes, I'm still sick), I have not had much time for hobbies. Here is a dress that I finished tonight and I hope to finish a matching one for Myla to wear on Sunday. The last dress I made Myla was green and let me tell you she was not happy about it not being pink. So per her request this one is pink. It really is so much cuter on but I guess that can wait until church.



I learned to knit when I was a teenager and have not knitted anything for the past 6 months. It took me a few minutes to reteach myself but once I started going it all came back. It is a perfect project to keep me busy until I feel better. I made a few hats this week and baby booties but I think I need something for me...

So here is my next project that I hope to start tomorrow and then work on it at our ward knitting night this Thursday. I love this sweater and hope that since there are only two buttons on the top I can still wear it with a big baby belly.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute! You'll have to come over and help me understand how to read a pattern.

As far as the sweater, I'll be anxious to see how it turns out. I just finished my first pair of knit baby legs and am thinking of tackling a skirt next, but I have not yet mustered up the courage to take on a project as daunting as a sweater! I am afraid I wouldn't finish...

Katie said...

That dress is darling. I need to start sewing more dresses for Penny now that I have a room to do it in. =)

Wilkins Clan said...

We can get together any time to sew. Just let me know.

I know a sweater is a big project I like having something that I am working on that I can keep pulling out to work on. That is why I did blankets in the past. Not sure how long this one will take me. We will see...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...