Sunday, September 20, 2009

being different

My sister was in town this weekend so the kids and I were down at my families house all weekend. I love being around family. I just hate how I feel so different around them. That all my choices are wrong or weird. I just want to be accepted so bad yet everything I do makes me more and more different from them. Why is it that the place were we should feel the most safe and secure is one of the hardest places to be around. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and they are wonderful people I wish sometimes we were heading in the same direction. It might be a little easier. Maybe if I was not the youngest they would be easier on me. Not sure, just sad tonight.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Tiffany, don't be sad. One thing I've come to realize in life is that often times, when someone sees you doing something to better yourself, they will try to test you. It's their way of finding out whether or not you're sincere in your changes. Don't take their criticism as negative, just take it as a sign that they see your progress, and perhaps it is making them feel insecure about their ways. In any case, just pursue your course with confidence and be patient with them. They'll eventually come to respect you and your changes, I promise.

As converts (which we all are of a sort) we should know all about enduring persecution, especially from our families. I know it is that much harder coming from someone so close to you, but they only care about you because they love you so much.

Britty said...

ALL families have their issues. But that doesn't make them easy to bear, does it? I always find comfort in focusing on my own family. The one that I can actually somewhat control. Families are so hard on one another. I don't understand why some people treat their friends better than their family. I hope you're feeling better today, I know I'm always more emotional at night.

howellblog said...

I love seeing the things you do and try...I may not do them myself, but I appreciate you for who you are! If someone else cannot, just smile and realize they have their ways too and they don't know anything else but to be critical to try to convince you their way is the only way...Recognize and love their differences too. Hang in there- We all think you are great!

Lisa said...

Suzy's comment made me think of something I recently read it an article. It went something like this:

"People try to convince others to do things their way when they are insecure about the way they are doing things themselves."

I think this applies to both sides of the issue. If we are secure with ourselves, then we should be comfortable living our life the way we want and let others do the same, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...