Sunday, August 16, 2009

Potty training

Myla was "potty trained" at 2 1/2 and since then she always had accidents. Sometimes three or four a day and other times maybe one. I really struggled with the thought of just putting diapers back on her or not. Kirks side of the family has a lot of potty training issues some lasting into their teens. So I kind of thought this was just the road we were on.

Since Myla started steroids 1 1/2 months ago she become accident FREE. It really was over night, she was done with accidents. Most of the time she does not even tell me, she just goes to the bathroom by herself. I asked the doctors if this meant something and they said no just a coincident. I do not know if I believe them or not but I guess we might find out when she gets off the steroids.

This week we even have better news. Myla is now dry at night!!! For any mom that has struggled with potty training knows my excitement and relief. I know Sariah is right around the corner and she asks to go sit on the potty all the time but I am not pushing that issue at all. I will enjoy diapers with her for now!

1 comment:

Ruth Mannion said...

I'm glad there's a positive that has come out of this for you. Hooray for no more accidents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...