Sunday, August 9, 2009

Eating from the earth

Why can't I eat from the land even if I do not have land yet. So here goes... Kirk and I are trying to eat only foods that come from the earth. Fresh veggies, fruits, and grains. Kirk is actually excited about trying it. I think I am rubbing off on him. Anyway I think it would be fun to try and see how we feel. Kirk's only concern was, what about bread? Please tell me you can make me some? So I can do the bread with honey and it would be a little stretch but I do not know a Wilkins that can live without bread.

Now bread without butter... what a sad day.

If only my chickens did not eat everything in my garden this year we would be able to eat from there but I guess off to the farmers market we go.

4 comments:

Ruth Mannion said...

So what has prompted this move to veganism?

cambridgeclan said...

So what about those eggs that are supposed to come from those chickens? I've never used agave in bread, but you could try.

Lisa said...

That is so inspiring, like the Word of Wisdom at its finest. I believe this truly captures the essence of the law. I would love to try this myself, but not sure how the rest of my family would take to it??

Lisa said...

P.S. We did have agave on our whole wheat bread the other night, and it was delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...