Monday, May 18, 2009

Healthy cooking...

So I have to share... Today I went to this Asian healthy cooking class with a lady from moms club. I can not believe how much I learned in such a short time. Great Class! For a long time now I have really tried to be very careful with what my family and I eat. We center our meals around veggies rather than meat (thanks to Nikki), little to no processed foods and have really enjoyed learning new things. Here are some wraps I made today full of fresh herbs, veggies and tofu. They are then wrapped with a rice wrap like you would sushi but with rice.SOOOO Yummmmy!!

Ok Second part of my day is we went to an Asian store in Rancho Cordova. I have never seen an Asian store so nice and clean. Ha Ha. This place has unbelievable deals also. Here are some just to name a few.

22 lbs of cherries only $12 that's only 50 cents a pound.
5 lbs of zucchini only $2.00
HUGE bag of sprouts only $3.50 normally they are $5.00 for a little box




It was a great store and I had so much fun!! Thanks Hue

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Hue's wraps! You can eat as much as you want and feel good about it. I was bummed to have missed the class, but she e-mailed me the recipes and I can't wait to try them. Yours look like they turned out nice.

Katie said...

Shannon brought me some and they were delicious!

The peanut sauce was to die for! I wanted to drink it....

Amy Beatty said...

Looks good, I have always bought the wraps, never thought about making them before- thanks for opening my eyes. We are so much alike but we do 0 meat. Wish we could get our families together for dinner!! yum!

Lisa said...

Just went to this store today- loved it! I brought home 5 bags of groceries for $30. I couldn't believe all the great deals on their produce, and some of it was even organic. I am making my wraps tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...