Monday, April 27, 2009

land....

It has always been a dream of mine to live on a farm. Have land as far as the eye can see and not hear or see my neighbors. I want ducks, chickens (have them) goats, sheep, cows, horses, maybe a pig... Kirk use to rent a house and had five acres before I met him. He would go outside and call Paige and Dillon to come in and nothing would happen. So then he bought a blow horn, he would blow the horn and the kids would coming running. I can just imagine. So we have been looking at house with land this past week, why you ask? I do not know just for fun but now that is all I can think about. Hmmm.
So I just started reading this book. It is about a family that lived completely off the land or only bought food within 10 miles that they could not grow themselves. Sounds wonderful! I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahhh, what I wouldn't give to have my children a blowhorn's distance away at times! Ashlee's dream is to live off of the land, and we talk about it all the time. I think that is what Heaven will be like- back to our roots and living off of what God gave us. Homemade, homebirthed, homegrown... you get the picture. I am definitely going to read that book (and Dr. Laura's new one.)

Katie said...

Have you seen the house in Rescue on 10 acres for sale under 250?....wouldn't that be nice?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...