Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homemade laundry soap

Homemade has become a passion of mine so I thought I would share my favorite recipe for laundry soap. It is amazing how much stuff we buy from stores that we can easily make at home. Like all purpose cleaner, window cleaner, dish soap, wood cleaner, etc. It is better for our families and the environment. I have lots of other recipes if anyone is interested. Also it saves money! The laundry soap only cost 1 pretty penny per load!!






3t Naptha Soap Grated
4t Washing Soda
4t Borax
5 Cups Container cold water
3/4 cup hot water
Any essential oil you like for sent



Cook the hot water and naptha grated soap on low until it has dissolved. Add washing soda and borax. Stir until thicker. Add to your container and then add cold water and essential oils. Shake, let sit over night and then shake one last time. Then enjoy!!


Grating the soap


































After you are done cooking it on the stove pour it into any container. I use old laundry soap containers. It keeps them out of landfills and also they work great!

















All Done. I have learned many things are much easier than they seem!




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Hi Tiffany! I didn't know you had a blog. Thanks for commenting on mine. I always wonder who read it, and when you comment I know! :)

BTW- I'm so jealous you have an incubator with eggs! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

Lisa said...

How thrifty... at a penny a load, I almost want to whip myself up a batch!

Katie said...

Where did you get the ingredients. I have borax......where can I find the other stuff at the best price?

Wilkins Family said...

I found the washing soda at Bel Air. I know that there has to be a cheaper place but I have not found one yet. Oh I bet Winco would have some (wal-mart does not). For the soap shavings you can use sent free dove if you want to go the cheapest or the other soap is at any natural food store. Good luck!

Jenifer Parris said...

Just found your blog via another! I just bought the things needed to make this soap but my recipe makes a HUGE quantity! Thanks for the manageable recipe.

LOVED your blog!
Beautiful little girls!
Love,
Jenifer

The Hof family said...

I found your post linked at progressive pioneer and was wondering how much laundry soap you have to use per load?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...